Canine Scholars Training & Behavioral Center Inc.
Eye Contact/Attention Game
- The look at me or Watch me cue.
- 1. First let’s start with your dog just looking at you. Say “yes” and reward with a treat.
- 2. Watch for any looks your way from your dog again say “yes” and reward!
- 3. As your dog continues to make eye contact with you say “yes” and reward introduce your verbal cue Look at me or Watch me.
- 4. Say look at me or Watch me and reward!!
- Luring Eye Contact
- 1. Show your dog a treat by putting the treat in front of his nose.
- 2. Slowly raise the treat to your eyes. Say your cue Look at me or Watch me.
- 3. As your dog looks up at you say “yes” and reward!
- 4. Continue this as your dog gets better, increase the time he looks at you, in the beginning start with 1 second and build from there.
- 5. Once he can do this in one room, move to another room, to the garage, back yard, front yard so he can do this everywhere.